1st International Congress of Conscientiology
IAC - International Academy of Consciousness
Region und Sehenswürdigkeiten
The IAC Campus region is a popular tourist destination for its countryside white-washed homes, vineyards, gastronomy, castles, Celtic dolmens, and Moorish and Roman architecture.
Nearly popular areas in Portugal and Spain include Estremoz, Evora, Badajoz and Mérida. Mérida was the capital of the Spanish district of Lusitania in the Roman era.
Guide group tours held by IAC will take place after the Congress. Visitors will enjoy regional gastronomical, ecological and historical tourist attractions.
Nearby places of interest
- Elvas: walled town, home to an extraordinary Roman-Arabic castle and the Amoreiras Aqueduct (XV-XVII Century).
- Estremoz: town crowned by a castle from the XII Century, with a citadel (presently an inn) and Saint Isabel’s Chapel (XVII Century). Town closest to the IAC Campus.
- Évora: city-museum of Roman origin. Its historic downtown, considered as an International Patrimony by UNESCO, has the Roman temple as a reference. Next to the Cathedral you find the outstanding Museum of Sacral Art (Gothic-Roman). The University, the old Jewish quarter and Evora’s Museum are also well known.
- Evoramonte: Stands out because of its castle built at an elevated point of the Ossa mountain range. This is where the peace treaty between the liberals and the “miguelistas’ was signed on May 26, 1834.
- Mérida: Capital of the “Lusitania” in the Roman era, founded in 25 BC. Many of the Roman ruins are in good condition, including a theatre, one of the largest Roman circuses (“coliseum”) outside of Rome, and Roman temples. A museum crowns the experience, preserving many large and small pieces from the Roman period.
- Monsaraz: is a beautiful medieval villa, with a castle, and fort like walls. In the nearby town of Reguengos you can find megalithic remains with close to one hundred dolmens and cromlechs.
- Vila Viçosa: its Ducal Palace, which belonged to the House of Braganza, the last Portuguese dynasty, is an impressive building with a renaissance façade and a library-museum.
Spring in this area is very beautiful and full of natural flowers, which blossom from trees, bushes and weeds. If you are allergic to pollen, you may want to bring your allergy medicine.